Monday, January 15, 2007

More shocking than Jack Bauer's beard

By 8pm Sunday night, I found myself feeling ready to throw up over a football game that would not be played for a week. This is not the kind of behavior that should be acceptable from a 28-year-old man, but my hatred/fear of all things Tom Brady-related is difficult to harness. I decided the best way to calm myself would be to dive into the 2-hour premiere of 24. After all, there's nothing more calming on a Sunday evening than suicide bombers, bombing raids, and Jack Bauer apparently turning into a vampire. But the best moment for me came 7 minutes in to the new season when I sat up and wondered, did I just see Stephen Merchant working at the counter-terrorism unit?



Blink and you'll miss him. Who knows what the rest of the season has in store, but I'm hoping that at some point Gareth Keenan can serve as a team leader for a raid on a terrorist compound.

No comments: