Sunday, April 01, 2007

You May Want to Get Your Things Together

From the "I Told You So" desk comes the news that an earthquake triggered a tsunami near the Solomon Islands in the Pacific Ocean.

The Solomon Islands - which include Guadalcanal, site of a vicious WWII battle - were hit with a 10 ft. wall of water early Monday morning (as I live and breathe, it's not even Monday where I am. That's early).

I know you're thinking, "What's this tsunami have to do with me and my everlasting soul?" Well, as noted earlier, some nut predicted that a tidal wave would smack into the eastern seaboard of the United States on April 1, 2007 and thereby unleash a global cleansing of non-believers.

So, the tsunami turned out to be a few thousands miles and a couple oceans away, but it did nail a country most recently a British protectorate...sound familiar? Okay, maybe the prophesy was a tad off.

Currently four people are missing and smiting statistics are still inconclusive. Say a prayer just in case.

No comments: