Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Killer Crossovers Need Not Apply

Tim Hardaway has come out...so to speak...thoroughly against the gays.

When asked about the prospect of confronting a gay teammate, Hardy has to say

"First of all I wouldn’t want him on my team. Second of all, if he was on my team I would really distance myself from him because I don’t think that’s right and I don’t think he should be in the locker room when we’re in the locker room.”

Seriously? There used to be three groups you could unequivocally malign in public: gays, fat people, and Catholics. Somewhere between Queer Eye and Neil Patrick Harris, homosexuals eked off of that list. Has anyone really been accosted by gay men in the workplace lately? Has there been a documented case of the queerbies breaking in, sculpting your hair and raising your property value with a devilish intent?

You know what's entirely troubling? Most gay men and women would read the previous paragraph and laugh - if only considerately - at the humor involved, and Tim Hardaway couldn't even stomach past "queerbie."

Get over yourself.

No comments: