There have only been 38 posts to this blog in 2009. Is that small number any way to wrap up the first decade of the millennium? Child please! In order to remedy this situation, BIBJ is going to be putting up at least one new post each day, for 100 consecutive days, starting September 1st. Each of these posts will be centered around an individual track that has a spot in the official BIBJ 100-song Millennial Playlist Hullabaloo.™
Some notes to consider:
- Each track will be ranked from #1-100. But really, once you get outside the top 15 or 20, they're all pretty even. Let's be honest. When it comes to countdowns, #30 isn't ever that much better than #84.
- To that end, the rollout will take place in random order. #72 could come the day after #41 and the day before #9.
- According the by-laws that I have just invented for myself, a band can appear in multiple entries. However, only one song per album can make the list. Otherwise, you'd likely see 8 different posts from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga.
- The content of some posts may have very little/nothing to do with the featured track. In fact, this will likely be the case on several of these. Sometimes unrelated stories/haikus/links to Ralph Fiennes' comedic stylings are more entertaining than further deconstructing the greatness of The New Pornographers.
- I've noticed while compiling songs that there are several tracks that I really liked once upon a time (and still objectively view as very good) but long ago reached the point of saturation where I'd be fine never hearing them again. That's the worst, isn't it? I mean it's not enough that the new Michael Moore doc looks like a dated, sub-par Frontline episode, but he also has to become the 10,000th person to use "Paper Planes" in a damn movie trailer? What an asshole, this guy. But I digress.